Caribbean Travel Network zoekt een Cuba Travel Agent/Travel Advisor
Cuba Travel Agent/Travel Advisor
Position: Cuba Travel Advisor, part of our Sales team
Type: Full-time Contract, based on 40 hours per week
Location: Amsterdam (partly home based is optional)
Company: Caribbean Travel Network B.V.
Company Profile – The facts
Since our launch in 2002, we have become the world’s #1 company specialized in independent travel to Cuba. We sell directly to the public, via our network of websites, and through thousands of retail travel agencies worldwide. In summary:
- Last year we booked services for tens of thousands of travelers, originating from more than 120 countries.
- As a result of the recent investments in our websites and our overall consumer proposition, we are projecting strong growth for the coming 3-5 years.
- Our team consists of some 30-people spread across our offices in Curacao, Cuba, the Netherlands and Australia.
- Our Cuba branch office in Havana is our largest physical presence where most of our colleagues are based.
- Our senior management team (Managing Director, Controller, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager) are based in Europe and work mostly out of our office in Amsterdam
We are not that classic travel agency that can send you to many different destinations with a few possible travel itineraries. We live in Cuba. We are Cuban. We love Cuba! We can make almost anything happen for you in Cuba. We can offer so much more than an ordinary agency can offer. We’re your local host, with international standards. Instead of wishing you a great holiday, we welcome you to Cuba. We will help you to truly grasp Cuba at every layer that Cuba has to offer. We will make sure that you feel listened, so we can design a travel experience that truly fits your needs. We will help you to ‘get local’, with one-off experiences, just for you.
Our brand values
Our values help us establish our sense of purpose and direction. They reflect what’s important to us – a set of standards that determine our attitudes, choices, and actions. They are the foundation of our culture, our service, our product and our communications. They are what makes us different from everyone else.
Our 5 values are: Hospitality, Persistence, International standards, Empathy and Local roots. We try to live by those values every day: they are not optional or theoretical.
The role – In summary
You will receive phone calls, emails, chat and social media messages with potential customers enquiring about travelling to Cuba
- You will listen closely to those these potential customers and create tailor-made tours that meets their wishes and needs.
- Your ultimate goal is to convert potential customers into firm bookers.
- You will efficiently use our various tools, ie booking system, CRM, etc…
- You will keep track of your activities using our various reporting tools
- You will frequently deal directly with our colleagues and suppliers in Havana
- You will report to our Sales Manager, based at our Amsterdam office.
As a travel advisor, you will be part of our sales team. Your colleagues will guide you during the first few months and you will receive extensive destination knowledge.
Our office is located in a beautiful little building in the center of Amsterdam. We may offer you the possibility to work from home. In any case we will require that you work from the office 2 days a week. This helps to share knowledge within the team and we find it’s important for team bonding.
In addition to your day-to-day sales activities, you will also be part of our ‘information days’ and exhibitions. You are most of the time really busy with our customers and makes multiple offers every day.
You will work from Monday to Friday, but also at least once or twice in the month on a Saturday. You may also be working on a (Thursday) evening once a month in the near future. You can compensate this Saturday or evening (s) with the standard working days. It is therefore important that you are very flexible and that you can adjust your personal situation accordingly. Of course we do all that in good consultation.
- You are a natural sales person, it’s in your blood and bones!
- you are a natural sales person, it’s in your blood and bones! (yes, it’s repeated!)
- 5+ years’ work experience in a similar role with a (Cuba) specialist tour operator
- You are polite, helpful and patient and have a good telephone voice
- You have a successful track-record in reaching your KPI’s
- You’re a team player and collectively you share your success
- Higher Vocational Studies (HBO). University-level education is a preference
- Working knowledge of MS Office, CRM systems and booking engines
- Excellent communicative skills (verbal/written) in Dutch, English is required
- Preference: Fluency (verbal/written) in French, German, Spanish
- Ambitious, driven, fun to be around, with a passion for travel
- Willingness to occasionally travel to Cuba
- Live in The Netherlands
- Competitive salary & benefits, based on CAO for Travel Sector.
- Dynamic work environment
- Ambitious and fast-growing company
- Open towards your ideas and input
- Travel to/within Cuba, Europe
Are you interested, and do you meet our requirements?
Please send your CV prior to 20 October, 2018 to: email@example.com